Saturday, September 30, 2006

Prepare to Do Battle

I got conned into working this weekend. That's okay because I find I'm either making money or spending money. There's no real equilibrium there. I'm getting paid overtime for doing this so it ain't so bad. Also, not as many kids are involved in this weekend retreat thing as the school had previously planned so I'm doing a lot less work than I thought I would be doing. Essentially I'm getting paid for 10 hours of work when I really worked 5. It's a pretty good deal. Right now I'm getting paid for blogging. I'm going to have to look for more weekend work.

This coming week incorporates the "Chu-suk" holiday, the Korean equivalent of Thanksgiving. It's an easy holiday name to remember because it consists of both verbs "chew" and "suck". I'm just giving you a nifty mnuemonic way to remember Korean words. We have this next week off so a couple of us are heading to Sok-cho (you're on your own with that one) to do some hiking and experience Korean culture. I'll keep you posted on that one.

I'm curently in battle with the Korean cable company for double billing me. It's hard enough to battle the cable and phone companies at home (Cingular, you still suck) let alone in a foreign land. Good thing I know the Korean phrase for "I don't like you very much." I'm sure it will come in handy. Actually, I sicked one of the Koreans in my school on the cable company and the company's response was to cut my internet access. That's not quite the result I was looking for so we'll work on that. I'll keep all you rapt and anxious readers posted on my adventures as far as hiking Korean hills and battling with Korean conglomerates goes. Stay tuned.

(I can't find the spellcheck on this crazy Korean computer. If your terribly board you can count the grammar and spelling mistakes the english teacher just made.)

(I did thouse last ones on purpose.)

(But not that last one.)

No comments: