Friday, October 13, 2006

Threat of an Internet Disconnection

I'm still at war with the Korean cable company and my Internet is still disconnected. There have been minor skirmishes and battles and the cable company is still under the asumption that they are going to win but they are mistaken. I'm sure they're alligned with North Korea. You know the supposed nuke that was tested up north? I'm sure the cable company had something to do with that too.

The North Korea nuclear test has been the talk of the town; however, people here don't seem overly concerned, which in itself is a little bit concerning. In 1994 when there was a previous North Korean arms, missle, war, whatever scare I guess in the south people stormed the grocery stores stalking up on water, ramen and DVDs to wait out the impeding assault. That ramen thing is no joke. The Korean Herald reported about a ramen index, the amount of dried noodles that are sold in times of panic. This last little scare has hardly made a speed-bumb-sized blip on the ramen index. I'm not sure why people are so calm; however, if there's a choice between mass panic and relative calm, I'll take the calm even if panic the panic is more interesting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dude, what's happenin?? you're suppose to write me back sometime. I realize you are busy with karokoe and all, but geez!!

:)

Anonymous said...

nathan write your sister you shmuck

karmaking1111 said...

Dear Sis,
I'm being held in North Korea against my will and forced to sing karaoke while soldiers rub kimchi in my eyes! Tell mom and dad hello.

Your bro