Sunday, December 09, 2007

TV is my New Reality

An unfortunate thing has happened since I've been back in Korea; I've become addicted to reality television. It started out simply enough. We only get one English channel: AFN, The Armed Forces Network. It comes straight from the army base and their programming is pretty reality show heavy. At first I would watch Hell's Kitchen to just to relive what it was like to be in the food service industry and to thank god that I was out of it. Then came other shows. Now I religiously watch The Biggest Loser, Beauty and the Geek and Survivor. I actually get nervous when Survivor comes on. How'd that happen?

To my testament I've never watched a full episode of American Idol, I think America's got Talent is one of the worse shows ever and I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch America's Next Top Model. I guess I just stay away from anything that has America in the title.

All these shows are rather ridiculous. Scott and I were thinking of coming up with our own shown modeled after So You Think You Can Dance called So You Think You Can Drink. We figured we'd have different national drinking teams: The Japanese versus the Mexicans (Saki versus Tequila) and such. Then we could have the contestants run an obstacle course or play quarters or whatever. NBC, what do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that would be a great game. I would be up for it...I would need to get my tolerance up there though. Would there be a Beer category? for the Americans or Wine? Take care, Wendy

Anonymous said...

oh nathan,
i am SO sorry to hear about your addiction. its wrong but it can feel so right.
don't try to go cold turkey; wean yourself a little at a time. hee, hee
you sound good- hope all is well.