Tuesday, October 31, 2006

March of the Damned


Waterfall of People
Originally uploaded by karmking1111.
Office space is one of my favorite movies. I like it because it shows us the absurd in the ordinary and around the office about fifty percent of what is done is absurd. Take this coming weekend. Avalon school has scheduled a hike up Bukhansan mountain. This is in an effort to built community and strengthen the ties of the school. I'm not sure about the other employees, but taking away one of my weekend days and putting me on a forced march with people I see five days out of the week already is not really going to help me love and support the school any more. In fact it might do the opposite. I try and look for the positive in every situation, but Bukhansan is the hiking place right outside of Seoul, that is dangerously overcrowded. I enjoy laughing at the absurd, unless I'm taking part in it.

Pictured is the peaceful hiking trail.

2 comments:

Clint Gardner said...

I hear you on the absurdity point. There is occasionally someone here that floats a "community building" activity. Luckilly they are slapped down by the heavy hand of academic skepticism.

On a completely other subject: we need to work out some sort of system when you randomly call, dude.

Catinlap said...

Oh, God! You have to do that hike again? I think you should bring a fart machine and hide it in one of your co-workers packs. That could make it more enjoyable!