Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Who Wants a Mouth Full of Dream?

Koreans co-opt some words from English and twist them until they no longer retain their original meaning. "Dream" is one of those words. As near as I can tell, dream is supposed to mean something good, however, they get carried away here. I don't know if I really want a mouthful of dream. I want to explain to Korea that there are such things as bad dreams. Who wants a mouthful of nightmare? I also walk past Dream Animal Hospital everyday. Kind of an odd name when you consider that euthanizing an animal is also called "putting it to sleep." In that case I think I'd rather go to vet who named his place Awake Animal Hospital.

1 comment:

Clint Gardner said...

I like the concept of "dream animal." It is multi-functional: it could be an imaginary animal, and if that is the case then the veterinarian can use imaginary medicine to treat it; or it could be the most perfect animal ever. I imagine a beautiful coat and glistening eyes. Such an animal, of course, would never require a hospital.