Monday, May 19, 2008

The Eagle Flies Again


The Eagle Flies Again
Originally uploaded by karmking1111.
Last spring I spent a few hours every weekend tooling around the outskirts of Suji/ Suwon on my bike. It was kind of crazy what I found as the mega-apartment developers had bought up all the land and were tearing down perfectly good houses, restaurants and schools. I would wander in and out of these half demolished buildings wondering what the hell was going on (I had no idea high-rises were being built there). It was pretty surreal.

This year, with the ankle surgery and all, I haven't been able to get out as much as I've wanted. As soon as I got clearance from the doctor, I hoped on the bike and hit the trails. The trails of Seoul are tame, too tame, but there's still a lot to be seen. Plus riding my bike keeps from staying inside and bludgeoning myself out of angst.

No comments: