Thursday, October 25, 2007

Royal Correspondence

The thing that stinks about signing a year contract and working in a foreign country is you make friends and then they leave. The good thing is sometimes they come back:

My liege,

Word of your return to Korea has reached the wilds of Manitoba. Eight honorable riders sacrificed their lives to bring this information to me and I will not let them die in vain. My self-imposed exile has not been without moments of excitement, but there has been nothing as monumental as our battles against the Vowel-beast or our storming of Namhansanseong Fortress. I have tried to make a life for myself here, trading sheep for whatever wood and ore I can, but I find something is missing. So it is time to shake off the chains of domesticity and return to the battlefield. Prepare your army and yourself for the long fight of winter, and know that when the Hanguk horde crashes against the Gates of Gangnam you shall have my sword at your side.

Your vassal,


Sir Kenneth


Reply:

Sir Keneth,
Do not think that word of your valor and exploits have not reached our ears. Many a long night at the nore-bong, where we have been haunted by the devilish shrieks of the damned and the chorus of Born to Wild, we have wondered when your presence would be returned for us. Finally, that day draws nie, when we will rise up once more and charge the hell-hofs of Seoul! When we will hold back the winters night through flagons of fire water and song! Yes! I feel it, no cultural bridge will be safe upon your return. Tis, time for a grasping of swords and an abandonment of common sense. To this band, you are always welcome.

The Former King,
Nathan of the NoRe


Lots of private joke in there. See how many you can get. Dorks of Korea, unite!

No comments: