Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Uncy Phizer and the Phizerites

When I first got to Korea, people would speak to me in Koren and I would respond in Spanish. I knew I couldn't respond in English so my brain would go to the next familiar language and I would blurt out the old Espanol. It really confused some people, including me. When I went to Mexico this last week, guess what language inadvertently came out. Yup, Korean. I gave a couple of Mexicans the "comp-sa-ham-nee-da" when trying to say "thank you" and responded "ne" when trying to say "yes". Now I have confused a few Mexicans. This is nothing new either.

The trip to Mexico was great. I got to go with my sister who is a rep. for Phizer. She won a regional sales award so the whole trip was on Uncy Phizer. "We love you Uncy Phizer!" At first the treatment at the hotel was a little hard to get used to. I'm used to having to sneak my drinks down to the pool, but here they had specially designed people (I think they were called waiters) bring the drinks to us. Soon enough I got the hang of it and I was ordering sandwiches, margaritas and $5 bottles of water by the pool.

Some activities were included in the trip so Tina and I went on the ATV adventure and snorkeling; actually, we only attempted snorkeling. The boat ride out to the snorkel spot was beautiful and hot, so the water looked so inviting when we actually got there. Water can be particularly deceiving. This water looked so blue and pleasant, but it was actually a very chilly 50 degrees. We lasted about ten minutes in the ocean, chasing fish around, trying to warm ourselves up, but it was no use. Still, it was pleasant enough; beats hanging around the hotel the whole day.

The ATV adventure was the next day where our guide lead us into the desert and then turned us loose. Totally true, he took us to this dry river bed with all these trails and let us go. Tina and I chased each other around, found (what in our opinion were) some gnarly trails, and then headed back both wind and sun burned.

There was a trip to the spa and then shopping. Tina bought some jewelry and trinkets for friends while I bought some tequila and Ambien. It amazing the different souvenirs that people come home with. No, I do not plan on consuming both of my souvenirs together.

Overall, all the Phizerites were really nice and we had a great time. I want to thank my sister Tina for inviting me and for having the courage to introduce me to all her friends, and Uncy Phizer for footing the bill. Pics follow.

No comments: