Monday, May 28, 2007

Young Poets and Horror Stories

While erasing the board today the eraser slipped and made a squeaking sound.
Student 1: Teacher, don't fart.
Student 2: What is farting?
Student 1: It is loud pooping.
I didn't teach them this vocabulary, but they are using it quite well.

In Kat's class:
Student: Teacher, what do you you call a scary house, a ghost house?
Kat: You know this one. It starts with an H.
Student: A horror house.
Kat: No, not it's not a horror house.
Student: Are you sure it's not horror house.
Kat: No Robin, haunted house, not a horror house.

I can't help but feel a keen sense of pride in knowing that we're arming them with appropriate knowledge for when they travel abroad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I can go to a Horror House and restrain my loud pooping!
Or so I hope...