Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Waygooks of the Asian Islands (Spin off of that famous pirate movie)

Thailand has come and gone. Now I'm back in the land of snow and kimchi. The trip was fun enough. I don't want to expound on that. I'm back working now so I'd rather keep my mind on work. Okay, twist my arm, I'll regale you with a few abbreviated tales.

*Al and I went scuba diving. I wish I could take credit for the pictures below but I can't. Our Dive instructor Stephen whats-his-name actually took the photos and burned us a CD of them. Hopefully I don't get sued for not citing my sources.

*Scott, Al and I rented scooters for the day. Much fun and a few bruises were had.

*We sea kayaked. For me, entry into the kayak and then exit out of the thing were the hardest parts. I amused many of the locals on exit as I attempted to ride a wave in, the kayak ejected me and then tumbled with me in the surf.

*Laying on the beach. We did this a lot.

*Laying on the beach at night. We did this even more.

* Eating. Somedays I had breakfast, second breakfast followed by lunch then a snack, appetisers, dinner, dessert followed by second dinner. I was fattening up for winter. Also I was never afflicted by any of those fretted about allergies. Upon arrival back in Korea, the first meal I ate got me sick. Oh, the irony.

*Beer in Thailand is 6.4%

*I met many different people. I still owe the Germans for helping me get to my destination and the New Zealanders for getting me piss drunk.

*Thailand is cheap. Seven days for $500. That includes all meals, drinks, accomodations, snorkel gear, diving outings, scooter rental, gifts, movie tickets, ferry rides (I should rephrase that), and such.

*Admiring the beauty. I did that a lot too.

So if any of y'all wants to go to T-land, tell me when and where and I'll meet you there. The food is wonderful, the smiles are plentiful and, um, the sea is wet. Thank god I don't work for the Thailand chamber of commerce.
(On a side note, my Skype is up and running. Friends and family, give me call.)

1 comment:

Catinlap said...

That $500 included a ferry ride? That's how much those usually cost!
(I'll try to skype you on x-mas eve)