Tuesday, December 26, 2006

So This is Christmas...

Christmas was a little different, as to be expected, but not as different as I had initially expected. Stores still blare Christmas music, Santas still roam the land (though they tend to be skinny and Asian over here), and traffic is hell. Then when is traffic not hell in Seoul.

The thing that probably changed the most is the presents I got from my family. I figured it was pointless for them to send me things that I'll only be lugging back in a few months or so, so I only asked for essentials: sunflower seeds and soy nut butter. Yup, shopping for me just got a lot easier. I had a pretty bad sunflower seed habit going in the states and I'd like to pick it back up.

Anywhoo- Christmas still worked out. Parties were had, gifts were opened, pleasantries were exchanged. All of you here who made my Christmas work out, well, I love you guys. All of you in the states who I couldn't be with, well, I miss you guys. I hope everyone's Christmas was as merry as mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Nathan! I am so glad you had a great Christmas without us. We missed you!! Thanks for the great gifts- they are perfect- bring back more :)