Monday, October 31, 2005

So now I get to make up for not posting pics for a bit by posting a whole buttload of pics. That's only because this last weekend was a buttload of fun.
I get to work my way backwards from Sunday because that's the order the pics were in. On Sunday the crew at the grill threw me a going away party (my last day was on Friday). We met at the restaurant, had food, drank beer and then went bowling. Food, beer and bowling, yep, pretty much perfect. We drank a bit and bowled and laughed at each others bowling. I must admit, I got pretty choked up at the end of the night. Too bad we can't make a living of just eating, drinking a bowling, then again I'd be four hundred pounds and well, look like the guys who just eat drink and bowl every day. Be careful what you wish for.
The second group of pics were from Saturday, our official Halloween. Jeff was Claus from Steve Zisou, Clint was the Hulkster, Dustin was Super Horny (a combination of muscles and horns, look at the pics for references) and I was Macho Man Randy Savage in theory. A few days earlier, Clint and I were looking at wrestling pics on the net and thought it would be great to go as wrestlers. Hulk Hogan and Macho Man sounded easy enough in theory but the actual application of the costume was much more difficult. There was a trip to Savers, another to the DI, to Kmart, then back to Kmart again, followed by me freaking out because of all the traffic. Fifty bucks later I had assembled a costume to make me ? Macho Man was not evident. I came out as more of a cultural mix of nineties and eighties trash stars. We decided I was a mix of wrestler, butt rocker and pimp. Some people dress up a a vampire, a gangster or a ghost. I always try to pick the unattainable-- I'll go as God or Macho Man Randy Savage. I think I'll tone it down next year.
However, Clint totally sold Hulk Hogan. At the beginning of the night he started out with five tank tops which he tore of as the night and drunkenness progressed, until he ended up bare chested and smoking in the shed (see pic). He was definitely the star of the show.
The quote for the night was when I was driving to the first party and Clint was getting into character. He looked at me and said, "You know Mach, can I call ya Mach?" Maybe ya had to be there.
It was a wonderful weekend to make things short and sweet. On Thursday I leave for Jamaica to study the finer aspects of Jamaican culture: listening to Reggie and visiting rum distilleries. There will be lots of pics to follow.
I'll make the last pics brief: a Friday night trying to get the cat to wear goofy glasses and the waining of a disc golf season.
Remember, Hulkamania Rules!

1 comment:

Clint Gardner said...

I'm in the method acting school. Sell the part!